We have ambitious plans to build London’s largest new film and TV studios for 25 years opposite Dagenham East station. Our plans feature:
- six world class sound stages totalling c.140,000 sqft (1x 30,000 sqft and 5x 22,000 sqft)
- flexible accommodation adjacent to the sound stages for uses such as production offices, hair and makeup or dressing rooms
- conversion of two existing buildings into workshops for set construction and associated industry users
- a landmark office building for the pre and post production alongside space for associated creative industry businesses
- an estimated 1,200 jobs are projected to be created in the studios and associated supply chain, and
- key sustainability measures incorporated within the design including green roofs.
The Council’s planning committee granted planning permission in July 2020.
The studios are expected to generate up to 1,200 new jobs directly, and many more in the supply chain, with a broad range of skills.